- To provide a network for the formal and informal sharing of ideas and perspectives related to all aspects of neuropsychology.
- To provide continuing education in neuropsychology through its bimonthly meetings, lectures, and discussions. It is also a goal of NJNS to provide exposure to prominent researchers or clinicians in neuropsychology through sponsorship of workshops and conferences.
- To provide an avenue for collegial communication and collaboration through its membership.
- To facilitate clinical referrals through its memberships, as may be appropriate for meeting the needs and serving the best interests of persons with neuropsychological disabilities.
- To provide an opportunity for peer review to members, through formal or informal consultation.